The “New Normal” has become the most bittersweet phrase since the beginning of the global pandemic Coronavirus (also known as Covid-19). Coronavirus is a deadly infection first discovered in China in December 2019. With time it spread globally and took a form of a global crisis.
Online education is learning via online classes as per the convenience of the students and teachers. In comparison, Offline education is the traditional learning system where students and teachers have face-to-face learning. Both forms of education have their advantages and disadvantages.
Offline education will allow younger kids to create a habit of functioning in a different environment and explore it. Most young kids do not want to study with their parents or elder siblings, for which going to school is beneficial for them.
Some tips for teachers for efficient Online Education:
- Making short sessions/periods of classes. Preferably 40-45 minutes.
- Minimum 15 minutes break between every class.
- The last class of the week can be held as doubt clearing sessions.
- Assigning tasks and deadlines according to other classes, so the students do not have submission deadlines with the same dates for more than one subject.
Advantages of Offline classes/ traditional methods :
- A teacher could pay more attention to students
- Students would focus more on studies
- More interaction between students and teachers
Advantages of Online classes/trainings :
- Saves time and resources
- Students could be more comfortable as compared to offline mode of classes
- Students could get a chance to know about the current technology scenario of teaching
Disadvantages of Offline classes :
- Wastage of time and resources
- Students could be less comfortable as compared to the online mode of classes/trainings
- Students would not learn about the advanced technology
Disadvantages of Online classes/trainings:-
- Teacher unable to pay equal attention to the students
- Students would focus less on the topic
- Less interaction between students and teachers